I don’t remember when I got this question. Honestly, I don’t even know how I got it. Could have been an email, or through our anonymous Have A Question page, or on a survey comment. But, I keep a list of all the questions I get and today I was scanning through it and thought “I think I can answer that one quickly”. Which is perfect, because I don’t have much time today. I just spent half of my train ride cleaning up a malware infection on the blog (fun stuff).
So, here’s the question:
I would like to know how many wives really enjoy oral sex? I heard a Christian COUNSELOR say he counseled 1000 coupes and only one or two of the women enjoyed it. Is he right?
So, according to this Christian counselor, only about 0.1-0.2% of women enjoy oral sex. Well, I’m guessing most of my regular readers can smell this fallacy a mile away. Unfortunately, I’ve heard this from a few sources. I’ve personally had a conversation with a pastor who told me that women who like giving oral sex “must have something mentally wrong with them”. I’ll be honest, I didn’t respond, because I was in shock. His opinion was that some women do it, but it’s due to pressure, fear, coercion or their deviants who enjoy being made to do disgusting and demeaning sexual activities. Like I said … I was in shock.
So, what is the truth?
Well, a while back, I ran an oral sex survey. We had 71 women fill it out (and a lot more men), but the women is who we’re focusing on today.
Out of the 71 women, 45 responded that yes, they like giving oral sex. Meaning 63% of Christian wives enjoy giving oral sex! Another 14% said they could take it or leave it. Which means they don’t hate it, it just doesn’t do anything for them. Only 22% of wives said that either they don’t like it, or they don’t do it in their marriage.
Now, granted, my readers tend to be more sex-positive, but that only means they’re more willing to try. It doesn’t guarantee they will like it. In fact, only 8% of the wives said they don’t engage in oral sex in their marriage. If you factor them out, then 78% of wives who engage in giving oral sex enjoy doing so.
Quite the different from the 0.1-0.2% the counselor claimed, and I don’t think the majority of wives are suffering from mental illness.
To end it off, let me leave you with some of the wives’ comments:
- I love giving and it’s my favorite way to have sex.
- Can’t imagine making love without it!
- I use to didn’t give oral sex just on rare occasion due to what I felt were society rules. But after I hit 40, I decided I didn’t care and made a purpose to ask for what I needed and give more myself. Huge deal for me to learn how to talk about sex. but it opened up better communication in all areas and we are closer than ever. Now we have a rockin sex life!
- I love giving him pleasure.
- I love it! And I know he loves it more!
- It has taken yrs. For me to. I just hated the taste & I use to spit it out! Now I love how it pleases him!
- It is exciting for both of us and makes me feel closer to him.
- Because it is a turn on for him, he likes it.
- I really struggle with the thrusting, which tends to gag me. However, if I can manage that, I love, love, love knowing that I’ve been able to do that for him. He has said that it is the most intimate sexual experience for him and makes him feel loved like nothing else does.
- He likes it. I like that it gives me power to please him.
- It gives him great pleasure.
- accepting his semen into my mouth is symbolic of me accepting and loving everything about him. i also find it very erotic and i love the taste of him. i generally dont eat or drink for a time afterward because i want the taste of him to linger.
- I love it.
- I love feeling his orgasm that way. It can be felt much more than PIV sex. Plus, I know it feels really good to him.
- It makes him very excited and I like watching him enjoy me take it in my mouth and swallowing
Feel free to add your own in the comments below.
37 Questions for spouses to ask each other about sex
Subscribe to get the 2 page PDF full of questions to help you and your spouse start to talk about your sex life.